Mixer showers can provide a fast and easy solution for your bathroom. Mixer showers work straight from the bath taps. This means you can fit a shower in your bathroom for very little cost.
The temperature for mixer showers is controlled by the bath mixer tap. A shower head is set at the required height and connected to the taps using a flexible hose.
Household Water System
You do need to look carefully at your household water system before you install a shower. There are several different types of showers available which are designed for specific purposes.
- Power showers dramatically increase the rate of flow for shower water using electrical pumps but are not suitable for combi boiler systems.
- Mixer showers are a standard choice as these designs will work with a range of household heating systems.
- If your water pressure is low though you may find this type of shower could lack power. You may want to opt for an electric shower.
- Electric showers contain a heating element that warms the water to the correct temperature direct from the mains. These contain pumps which can increase the flow of water although they are not as powerful as power showers.
- They can also be a good option for brand new shower rooms so that you do not have to run a hot water supply as well as a cold water supply.
When you are choosing mixer showers you will have a range of shower heads to pick from. These will vary the flow rate and dissipation of the water.
- Rainfall shower heads are large and enable more water to fall as you shower. These can be very luxurious and create an intense showering experience. They may not be suitable for low rate water pressure systems though.
- Champagne shower heads offer different spray patterns. They can create a mist-like effect that uses a lot less water than conventional or rainfall shower heads. This is a good option if you want to use less water and still enjoy regular showers.
You can buy a wide range of showers units and fittings online. This is a convenient way to find the perfect mixer showers for your bathroom at a price you can afford.
Mixer showers can offer a cost effective option for your bathrooms. These showers are easy to install and work directly from your bath mixer taps.